Claus and sustainability
Claus Hotel & Event Center feels connected with the environment. By taking various measurements, the company considers the preservation of the environment as economically as possible and tries to jump in energy. Here are some of these measurements taken by the company:
- Energy saving electricity network
- Time Switched lights to counteract over-consumption
- Energy efficient fluorescent lighting with a saving of 40% compared to conventional fluorescent lighting
- Where possible, use energy saving bulbs
- Temperature controlled central heating
- Separation of waste in special containers
- Reuse of products, goods and components. Example, materials used during events be used multiple times
- Environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Packaging Materials in the Food corner is made of biodegradable material.
- Encourage guests to reuse bath towels
- Hotel rooms with keycard that activates the energy flow for the chambers
- Water-saving shower heads in bathrooms
- Flat screen TVs in the rooms will be automatically be disabled after a certain period
Marriott International is an environmentally conscious hotel chain. The hotel chain is busy in the coming years the emissions of greenhouse gases for all Marriott hotels to reduce by nearly 1 million tons. That's like 140,000 cars off the road! Marriott also organizes the annual Environment Awareness Month. This initiative calls for an environmentally conscious management of all Marriott hotels. An example of this is to encourage the use of recyclable materials and promoting separate collection of waste. These efforts have yielded Marriott International several awards including the Sustained Excellence Award for Excellence in Energy Management, World Savers Award and an Energy Star Partner of the Year.